Sunday, May 12, 2013
Potato and asparagus gratin with cream cheese
Just an idea for Sunday lunch or dinner. For all the meat lovers - you can add pancetta to the dish. ;)
For 2 people.
Preparation time: 1 hour
- 5-7 small spring potatoes with thin skin
- 1-2 fist-fulls of sliced asparagus
- 1 sliced spring onion
- 150 grams / 5.5oz of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 fist-fulls of grated Parmigiano Reggiano (or Parmesan)
- pinch of salt and ground pepper
Cut the potatoes
and put them in a baking pan. Add sliced asparagus (snap asparagus at the base to remove the toughest part of the spear)
, spring onion,
salt and ground pepper.
Combine all the ingredients with 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil. Put in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius / 400 Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
In the meantime combine cream cheese, sour cream,
beaten egg and 1 fist-full of grated Parmesan.
Spread baked vegetables into two small baking pans.
Cover them with prepared cheese mixture and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Put again in the oven for another 30 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown.
Serve and enjoy. ;)